1 x large organic chicken ( Bostock chicken is the best!)
1x large brown onion
3x garlic cloves
4x Vogels bread slices
1 x heaped tsp fresh grated ginger
4 x lemons
Bunch of lemon myrtle + sage ( if you don't have lemon myrtle use parsley or oregano and grind 2 x lemon zest )
1 x tsp of turmeric powder
2x large carrots
2x large parsnips
1. Turn oven on to 180°C
2. Finely chop onion, garlic, herbs, ginger, and place into food processor, break up Vogels and add a big dash of olive oil with a few large pinches of salt, squeeze juice of 2x lemons.
Blend for 20 secs.
3. Slice all 4x lemons ( including the ones you have used and place sliced lemons in the bottom of a deep roasting dish.
4. Take chicken out of bag (rinse if you like) then lay chicken breast side up on lemons.
5. Mix 1tsp of turmeric with a dash of olive oil, pinch of salt and a few pinches of chilli flakes together in a small dish. Bast this over the chicken.
6. Place stuffing inside chicken with a spoon, getting as much in as you can!
7. Wash and cut carrots & parsnips into long quarters. Lay around chicken and sprinkle with salt, dash of olive oil and any left over herbs.
8. Cook in oven for 1 1/2 hours.
9. Take chicken out from oven and break up chicken, tossing it through vegetables and all the juices found in the bottom of the dish.
Save any left over chicken + bones to make a chicken broth soup! I will be making this recipe tomorrow so stay tuned. Please let me know if you have any questions. Honestly this is the best chicken I have ever made ( full credit to Hayden who came up with the stuffing recipe!)