This soup is super easy to make and is so nice when you are feeling a little under the weather or want to fight any colds + flus.
1 or 2 x piece of non farmed Salmon (depending how many people you are cooking for) 1 piece is enough for 2 people
1 x can of organic coconut milk
Handful of kale
1 x large kumara or 1/4 pumpkin chopped
1/2 broccoli head cut into pieces
1/4 cabbage chopped finely
1x Red onion finely chopped
2x gloves of garlic finely chopped
1 x fresh chilli finely chopped
2 x teaspoons of stock mix with 2 cups of boiling water
( I used chicken but any stock works )
1 x handful of coriander or any other fresh herbs
Squeeze of lime or lemon to serve
Dash of olive oil
2x cups of water
1. Heat oil in medium size pot and add onion and garlic and chilli, sauté for a few mins.
2. Add can of coconut milk, 2x cups of stock bring to boil
3. Add all veggies kale, kumara, broccoli, cabbage etc and start to cook - lower to a simmer and cover pot.
4. When veggies are nearly ready add salmon and cook for approx 5-7 mins in soup
5. Serve with fresh coriander and a squeeze of lime or lemon juice.
This recipe is delicious and so healing. You can use any veggies that you like or have available to you. Of course if you like spice add an extra chilli as this helps sweat out the flu.
Enjoy and comment below if you have any questions or if tell us what you thought!